Quote of the Day
"It’s pretty cool they're in the Olympics because it's what everyone on the mountain is doing. The kids, they're getting into it."-- Gold Medal-winning U.S. slopestyle snowboarder Sage Kotsenburg, on the introduction of the discipline to the Olympics this year. ("CBS This Morning," 2/11)
NBC this morning announced Matt Lauer will replace Bob Costas as the host of NBC’s Sochi Games primetime coverage tonight. Lauer on “Today” said the infection in Costas’ left eye "appears to have spread to the right eye." Costas later appeared on the broadcast via telephone and said to Lauer, "I was trying to throw a complete game here. I think we're going to have to go to the bullpen.” Lauer: "So I'm going to step in for you tonight, the master at Olympic primetime?" Costas: "I believe that's it. And let's hope it's only tonight, because right now, I might as well be playing Marco Polo. I have no idea where I am" ( “Today,” NBC, 2/11 ). SI.com's Richard Deitsch notes this will be the first time sin ...
NBCSN seeing record-setting viewership for Sochi coverage.
As Shaun White returns to the Olympic halfpipe, some criticize him for being too corporate.
Lexington officials unveil designs for the $310M renovation of Rupp Arena.
Michael Sam's coming out puts NFL, marketers at crucial crossroads.
The Pacers are seeing merchandise sales, ratings trend upward this season.
TWC inks deal to carry FS San Diego, Padres games.
Providence Health takes over Timbers' stadium naming rights.
Women's professional sports leagues in the U.S. are still looking for more notoriety.
- NBC Faces Stiff Competition On Sunday
- Lauer To Host Primetime Show Tuesday For...
- White A Polarizing Figure Within Snowboa...
- Slopestyle Highlights Change In IOC Atti...
- Social Media Overshadows Competition In ...
- Many Sochi Venues Get High Marks
- Norway Lacks Support In Bid For '22 Game...
- Olympic Names In The News
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Sochi Bl...