Quote of the Day
"I didn't realize how many people actually knew, and I was afraid that someone would tell or leak something out about me. I want to own my truth."–- NFL Draft prospect Michael Sam, on why he announced prior to the NFL Combine that he is gay. (N.Y. TIMES, 2/10)
NBC saw a slight audience decline for the first night of televised competition from the Sochi Games compared to four years ago. Saturday's tape-delayed primetime coverage from 8:00-11:06pm ET earned a 13.9 fast-national rating and 25.1 million viewers, down from a 14.0 rating and 26.2 million viewers for the second night of coverage from the '10 Vancouver Games, which aired live. The second night of tape-delayed coverage from the '06 Turin Games earned a 13.5 rating and 23.2 million viewers. Minneapolis-St. Paul continued to be the leading U.S. market with a 22.4 local rating on Saturday night. Meanwhile, NBCSN averaged 2.6 million viewers for Olympic coverage Saturday from 6:00am-2:30pm, marking the net's best daytime viewership on re ...
Volunteers are filling empty seats in Sochi, but SOCOG's head says venues are "absolutely full."
Opening Ceremony seen as a "majestic spectacle" celebrating Russia, Olympic history.
Former All-American Michael Sam is set to become the NFL's first openly gay player.
NFL execs say Michael Sam's draft stock falls after coming out.
Boston Marathon expanding security presence to include National Guard, SWAT teams.
The D-Backs have assembled their most expensive group of players in franchise history.
Lockheed Martin named title sponsor of Armed Forces Bowl.
FS1 reportedly set to pick up Francesa's WFAN simulcast.
- NBC Down Slightly From '10 For Saturday
- NBC Cuts Bach's Opening Ceremony Speech
- Opening Ceremony Gets High Marks
- Sochi Games Off To Positive Start
- U.S. Lawmakers Lament Lack Of Security I...
- SOCOG Using Volunteers To Fill Venues
- U.S. Figure Skating Denies Report Of Col...
- NHL's Future Olympic Participation Far F...
- Opening Ceremony Features New Creative
- COC Weighs Suit Over Labatt Campaign
- Olympic Names In The News
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Sochi Bl...