SBD/July 15, 2013/Marketing and Sponsorship

Michael Waltrip Racing Awaiting Word From Aaron's On Sponsorship Status For '14

Vickers' first win in 75 races could entice Aaron's to re-sign
Michael Waltrip Racing is "waiting on word from sponsor Aaron’s on whether it will return next season and whether it wants" driver Brian Vickers in the No. 55 car, but it "didn’t hurt that Vickers won" yesterday's Sprint Cup Series Camping World RV Sales 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, according to Bob Pockrass of SPORTING NEWS. Aaron’s is the primary sponsor for the 26 races that driver Mark Martin is "running this year as well as select events for Vickers (who has nine races overall) and Michael Waltrip (three)" for the No. 55 car. Martin has said that he would "vacate the No. 55 seat after this season so the team can run for the driver’s championship, leaving the car and sponsorship in limbo." Vickers has been "used by Aaron’s for company-wide events but so far there has been no announcement on whether the company -- which also is sponsoring Hendrick Motorsports development driver Chase Elliott -- will return." Aaron’s has "gone through a change of senior leadership over the last year." MWR GM & Exec VP/Business Development Ty Norris said, "All I can tell you is wins help a lot of business issues, and so this was a great day for that" (SPORTINGNEWS.com, 7/14). Norris said that MWR is "working to re-sign" Aaron's and "hopes to have a deal in place for Vickers within six weeks." Vickers: "I'd love to see Aaron's come back; they've wanted me in the car and stood by me" (USATODAY.com, 7/15).
Return to top
Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug