Published October 23, 2012
Commissioner Roger Goodell agreed that last year's game was "embarrassing"
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell last night repeated his threat that the league "will consider dropping the Pro Bowl if the level of play doesn't improve," according to the AP. Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio's “Town Hall,” Goodell “agreed with host Michael Strahan that last January's Pro Bowl ‘was embarrassing.’” Goodell said that the league still would “select a Pro Bowl team through voting by players, coaches and fans, because it is an honor.” However, he said the NFL would “just not play the game.” Goodell in April made similar comments concerning the future of the game
. Meanwhile, the league is “working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams.” Goodell said, “Several of our teams on the West Coast have raised that and we have been studying it. We have tried to put as many of those games on the East Coast at 4 p.m. You can imagine the thousands of different issues you have to put into the schedule. But the 10 o'clock starts are pretty tough.” Goodell last night also “praised teams for making it possible for fans to text concerns about unruly behavior to stadium security.” Additionally, he said that three regular-season games abroad "is not out of the realm of possibility" (AP, 10/22