Quote of the Day
"Hosting the Olympics has boosted national morale more than any single event in most people’s living memory. The capital and country have been transformed."-- A London INDEPENDENT editorial, on the success of the London Games. (London INDEPENDENT, 8/13)
A musical “mishmash of eras and styles closed the London Olympics in a long and raucous fashion on Sunday, according to Lisa Dillman of the L.A. TIMES. There were “familiar music icons, including the Pet Shop Boys, the reunited-for-a-night Spice Girls, Annie Lennox, Ray Davies, Fatboy Slim and singer George Michael.” The Who “closed the show with a four-song set." The show, directed by Kim Gavin and titled “A Symphony of British Music,” featured “quirky elements witnessed in the opening ceremony last month accompanied by a surreal twist” ( L.A. TIMES, 8/13 ). In London, Mick Brown writes the Games “finally came to a tumultuous conclusion last night in a vibrant closing cerem ...
NBC's Lazarus cites "tonnage" of coverage and U.S. performance as key to network's success.
Could the London legacy be the greatest Games ever?
Observers size up Sochi, Rio as next Olympic hosts.
The U.S. men's basketball team lives up to the hype and captures the Gold Medal.
Rory makes it major No. 2, but Olympic competition lower CBS' PGA rating.
While players praise Ocean Course, logistics create major headache on Kiawah Island.
NHLPA planning exhibition series in case of lockout.
Bob Ryan writes his last column as a full-time member of the Boston Globe.
- SBD/SBJ Updates From London
- NBC Maintains Strong Increase From Beiji...
- NBC Exec: Live Streaming May Have Helped
- Closing Ceremony Highights British Pop C...
- London Called A Great Host For Olympics
- All Olympic Eyes Turn To Sochi, Rio
- London Marks Final Olympics For Rogge
- London Games A Boon For U.S., USOC
- U.S. Basketball Team Ambassador Of The S...
- NBC Boxing Announcers Asked To Leave Rin...
- Team GB Gear Hot On The Market
- New Nike Campaign Celebrates Farah
- Olympic Names
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Olympic ...