Quote of the Day
"I do think we have the potential to do even more than they did at Fenway, because we have more room to do things."-- Dodgers President Stan Kasten, on the team hiring Janet Marie Smith to oversee renovations to Dodger Stadium. (L.A. TIMES, 8/7)
The O’Malley group has purchased the Padres from Owner John Moores for “approximately $800 million,” which “includes $200 million in upfront money the Padres received as an advance payment from Fox Sports San Diego as part of a new 20-year television agreement,” according a front-page piece by Bill Center of the SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE. Approval could come “as soon as Aug. 16 when the owners meet in Denver.” The O’Malley group is "led by former Dodgers Owner Peter O’Malley, his sons Kevin and Brian, his nephews Peter and Tom Seidler," golfer Phil Mickelson and Liquid Investments CEO Ron Fowler, as well as a small group of other members of former team Owner Jeff Moorad’s group. Kevi ...
Dodge reportedly is leaving NASCAR following the '12 season.
Just what does Turner’s deal for Bleacher Report mean for the digital sports space?
Survey shows more than half of viewers want events live in the day, tape delayed at night.
Visa Europe wastes no time releasing a new 10-second spot featuing 100-meters winner Usain Bolt.
Jones' image-building gets its 24-hours in the news cycle.
Players reportedly mock replacement refs during the Pro Football HOF Game.
Janet Marie Smith takes her talents to Chavez Ravine.
How Spongetech left many sports partners high and dry.
- Bolt's 100m Win Gives NBC Strong Rating
- Visa Europe Debuts Ad Capitalizing On Bo...
- Is Athleticism Or Marketability Behind L...
- Douglas To Begin Reviewing Endorsement P...
- Swimming Looks For Non-Olympic Exposure
- FIBA Not Behind NBA's Stern On Oly Age L...
- Olympics Helping London Change Image
- Music Livens Olympic Venues
- Olympic Names In The News
- Tweeting The London Games
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Olympic ...