Quote of the Day
"I love the sideline gear. I didn’t like Reebok’s. It’s nice to wear stuff that looks good."-- Bears LB and Nike endorser Brian Urlacher, on the unveiling of Nike's new NFL jerseys. (CHICAGO SUN-TIMES, 4/4)
MLB Commissioner Bud Selig said he is projecting a second straight aggregate attendance increase for the league, with this year's total likely to finish in a range between 75 and 77 million, a sum that would be about 3-5% above the '11 season. The predicted attendance hike for the '12 season closely mirrors Selig's optimism going into last season. But several unforeseen events including the Dodgers' bankruptcy and a historically large spate of rain in the Northeast and Midwest last spring helped bring the final '11 attendance to 73.4 million, up only 0.5% from '10. This season, the Marlins are likely to add at least 1 million to their full-season attendance with the opening of Marlins Park, and the Dodgers are also likely to see a strong re ...
MLB Giants, Cordish unveil plans for $1.6B multi-use project.
Pumping up a uniform debut like only Nike can - was it first down or false start?
New lease agreement gives USC control of L.A. Coliseum, including naming and advertising rights.
Major Kevin Johnson criticizes Maloofs' “tactics and antics.”
Mariners come out against the proposed Seattle arena.
New Orleans aims to host Final Four again in '18 after positive feedback this year.
Cubs, city inch closer on Wrigley renovation funding.
The Brewers launch a new series of promotional spots featuring Packers QB Aaron Rodgers.
- Selig Optimistic About '12 Season
- MLB Giants To Unveil Plans For Multi-Use...
- League Eyes $8.3M In Bills From Dodgers ...
- Tigers Merchandise, Tix Sales Up Since A...
- Negotiations For Wrigley Renovation In F...
- Mets Show Off Changes To Citi Field
- Aaron Rodgers Appears In Brewers Ads
- Votto Deal "Irrational," But Reds See Re...
- MLB Facility Notes
- People & Personalities
- MLB Begins Season With 16 Sponsors
- Fox Looks To Boost MLB Audience Numbers