Comcast Drops Plans To Acquire TWC Cablevision Offering Cord-Cutting Package MLB National Viewership Off To Good Start Mets Outpacing Yankees In Early Season Ratings Showtime, HBO Pleased So Far With Fight Effort Longtime Stars Announcer Strangis Leaving Team McHenry Returning To Previous Role NBCSN Gets Its Best F1 Audience Media Notes Disney Against New Verizon Bundle Plan
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/September 2, 2011/Media
College Football Reporter Bruce Feldman Slams ESPN After Leaving For CBS
Published September 2, 2011
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
HIS SIDE OF THE STORY: Asked Thursday morning what ESPN execs were "angry about," Feldman said, "I don't know. See, that's the thing. … You guys approved the book, you were told about it, you were told when there was a lawsuit going to happen. You were told about everything.” Feldman contends ESPN execs also "sent out a ‘do not book’ list to their talent producers," prohibiting him from appearing on network programming. Feldman then recalled a conversation with ESPN The Magazine Editor-at-Large Gary Belsky, who told the reporter, "We want to extend you for another three years, you'll get a raise." Feldman: "After that had happened, a week later I'm in Bristol and the three-year extension and the raise then all of a sudden became no extension, we'll offer you a one-year deal, no raise. Well something changed. There was some kind of disciplinary action that clearly was taken.” Syndicated radio host Dan Patrick, another former ESPN personality, said, "I know the feeling you're in and just so you know, it might get a little worse before it gets better because they fought me tooth-and-nail to try to put me out of business. Just understand that.” Feldman said, “In the last six weeks, I've seen what they are capable of. I'm glad I'm at a different place" ("The Dan Patrick Show," 9/1). Feldman added, "I’m leaving a place, at ESPN, where I had lost all faith in the management there" (WSJ.com, 9/1).