Cards Get $16M To Begin Ballpark Village Next Phase ISC Plans $178M Phoenix Int'l Raceway Upgrade Raiders' Davis Not Involved In Oakland Talks Facility Notes Details Emerge On Oakland Plan For Raiders Concerns Raised About DC United's New Stadium Orlando City SC Submits Plan For Stadium Signage Court Rules With Warriors On Arena Issue Facility Notes St. Louis Groups Joining Forces On MLS?
SBD/June 16, 2011/Facilities
Published June 16, 2011
WELL ON ITS WAY: Work on replacing the roof that collapsed at the Metrodome last winter “is about 80 percent complete.” The roof is “expected to be inflated the last week of July,” and workers are “on track to finish the replacement roof by the Minnesota Vikings home preseason game Aug. 27” (AP, 6/15).
LEGAL BATTLE: In Charlotte, Meghan Cooke reports Charlotte Motor Speedway “has refiled a lawsuit against Concord and Cabarrus County after the parties reached a stalemate in a long battle over a multimillion-dollar incentives deal.” The suit, which was “initially filed in Cabarrus County Superior Court in September 2009, demanded that the local governments pay the speedway back for $4 million worth of road work and other improvements around the Concord track and the nearby zMax Dragway.” At issue is “a deal the suit says the parties agreed upon in 2007.” The agreement came after CMS owner and SMI Chair & CEO Bruton Smith “threatened to move the speedway when the Concord City Council, citing concerns about noise and traffic, voted to block construction of the drag strip” (CHARLOTTE OBSERVER, 6/16).
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: In Boston, Thomas Grillo cited sources as saying that plans to build a supermarket to serve Boston’s West End, Beacon Hill and North End neighborhoods “have shifted from Canal Street to a major project in front of the TD Garden that is being developed by the Bruins owners.” Stop & Shop “has expressed interest in opening a market on a Causeway Street parcel owned by the Delaware North Cos.” Sources said that “while the project has stalled … improved market conditions have put the plan on the front burner again” (BOSTON HERALD, 6/16).