Arbitrator To Rule In Ray Rice Appeal Judge Orders Discovery In Hamburg-ATP Case Next For NFL In London: Back-To-Back Games NFL Again Refutes Report On Knowldge Of Rice Tape Jeter's Retirement Leaves Void As Face Of MLB Official Says He Sent Tape To NFL Security Chief HGH Testing For NFLers Could Begin Next Week Stewart Won't Face Charges For Fatal Crash NFLPA Launches Investigation Of Rice Case NFLPA To Face Federal Judge In Collusion Case
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/June 7, 2011/Leagues and Governing Bodies
F1's Ecclestone Calls For New Vote To Reverse Scheduling Of Bahrain Grand Prix
Published June 7, 2011
SLOW MOVING: In Montreal, Randy Phillips notes “only one of 11 reserved-seating grandstands was sold out” for this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix as of yesterday afternoon. Octane Management National Press Officer Marie-Pierre Laflamme, whose company promotes the F1 event at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, said, "I can't say how many tickets have been sold up to now. Attendance (figures) only will be known after the weekend." Phillips notes attendance for last year's three-day race weekend “topped 300,000 for the ninth consecutive year." The ’10 event “was sold out the day before practice sessions began on Friday” (Montreal GAZETTE, 6/7).
SCHEDULE CHANGE: Todt said that F1 “will have 20 races next year and not the record 21 listed on a calendar published last week.” He did not say "which race might be axed although Turkey already has an asterisk against it.” Todt: "We don't know which one will go, but the world championship will be 20 races." REUTERS' Alan Baldwin notes the Turkish Grand Prix at Istanbul on May 6 “was listed as subject to confirmation after being called into question when local organisers said it faced the axe because of a disagreement over payments to Ecclestone” (REUTERS, 6/7).