Tony Clark Discusses MLB's New CBA Sources: NBA Likely To Start Season As Part Of CBA Many NFL Players Participate In Cleats Cause NFL Could Add Gameday Video For Tablets NFL Amends Changes To Social Media Policy Das Appointed Third Arbitrator In Pennel Suit Analyzing MLB's New CBA & Spending Limits NFL Re-Evaluates Scheduling For Teams Playing "TNF" NFL Players To Wear Customized Cleats For Charity MLB, MLBPA Come To Terms On New CBA
SBD/April 29, 2011/Leagues and Governing Bodies
Ecclestone Says Rupert Murdoch Has "Close To Zero" Chance Of Buying F1
Published April 29, 2011
BAHRAIN DEADLINE APPROACHING: In London, Tom Cary reports Ecclestone Thursday suggested that Sunday's deadline for a final decision on whether or not to run this year's Bahrain Grand Prix "could be extended," only for the FIA to "contradict him." The deadline was "imposed by the FIA last month after the original race date, March 13, was abandoned due to violent civil unrest." Ecclestone: "We need to wait a little bit to see exactly how progress is made. Things can change in a couple of weeks. ... I suppose we'd be safe by early June or something like that." Cary notes Ecclestone's comments "initially appeared to catch the FIA off guard," although a spokesperson later said that he was "not aware of any plans to extend Bahrain's deadline." The spokesperson said, "As far as we are concerned a decision is still due on Sunday. Because it's a weekend it may be Monday morning that we announce the decision, but we haven't spoken to Mr Ecclestone about any delay" (London TELEGRAPH, 4/29).