Cuba Decision Could Impact MLB Silver Discusses Future NBA All-Star Sites FIFA's Chief Investigator Resigns Current, Former Fighters Sue UFC Bernie Ecclestone Retains Control Of F1 Top ATP Events Could Sue Tour Over Prize Money Mara Thinks NFL Got It Right With Conduct Policy Peterson Plans Lawsuit Against NFL Foley Confident In Viability Of NHL In Vegas NFL Struggling To Find Venue For L.A. Team
SBD/Issue 51/Leagues & Governing Bodies
Published November 22, 2010
|Keyon Dooling Says NBA Players Are
Preparing Personal Finances For Lockout
In Milwaukee, Tom Enlund noted NBA players are "preparing for the worst" with the CBA set to expire at the end of this season. Bucks G and NBPA VP Keyon Dooling said, "Obviously, we feel like what the owners are asking is way too much. And if we keep heading down this path, the likelihood is we'll probably have a lockout." When asked about what preparations players are making, Dooling said, "Finances. Keeping your options open." He added, "(A lockout) is definitely a scary thought. Our league is probably the second most popular brand of sport in the world behind soccer. I think it's at an all-time high, attendance-wise and television-wise, so I definitely think it would be bad for our game" (MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL, 11/21).
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? THEGOLFCHANNEL.com's Steve Sands reported the PGA Tour "will allow fans to have cell phones at events next year as long as they are on a silent or vibrate setting." The Wyndham Championship "was the first to attempt it at a Tour event this year and, by many accounts, it was a success." There will be "another test at the Chevron World Challenge in two weeks, then another test at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines." If both events "go off without a hitch, the regulation is expected to stick for the remainder of the season." Sands noted the tour is hoping that "allowing people to carry a cell phone while at a tournament will help grow attendance" (THEGOLFCHANNEL.com, 11/20).
GOING HIGH-TECH: ESPN.com's Adam Schefter cited a source as saying that the NFL is "conducting high-tech forensic work to trace the electronic pathways and transmission of any photos or messages that might have been sent during communication" between former Jets employee Jenn Sterger and Vikings QB Brett Favre. Sterger met with NFL investigators earlier this month, and turned over to them "cell-phone records, at least one phone and a SIM data card" (ESPN.com, 11/21).