Quote of the Day
"It's a domed stadium. Who cares about the weather? But if you’re standing outside scalping tickets, warm and humid."-- NBC’s AL ROKER, giving the forecast for tonight’s Vikings-Saints game at the Superdome. ("Today," NBC, 9/9)
In The Trenches
The Saints and Vikings face off in New Orleans tonight to kick off the '10 NFL season, a year cluttered with more off-field storylines than any in recent memory, and THE DAILY brings you the first of our two-part season preview. Top of mind is the looming labor battle between the league and the NFLPA, the elephant in the room for the NFL as it heads into the last season under the current CBA. Two former team execs, Andrew Brandt and Lou Imbriano, address other issues the league, most notably the troubling trend of declining attendance. Also, several team officials talk about the state of business for their franchises, the Jaguars continue their ticket push and Yahoo Sports ranks the team owners from 1 to 32.
Jets fans cite the team's wildly successful five-week stint on HBO's "Hard Knocks" as one reason for buying PSLs at New Meadowlands Stadium.
NBC debuting new "SNF" promos; Old Spice among NFL partners launching new creative.
UT plans to roll out the Longhorn Network by next fall, in talks for a cable partner.
NBA hires former NBC Uni exec Egor Borisov to run the league's new office in Moscow.
Homestead-Miami losing IndyCar Series race in '11; Honda signs on to title event in Birmingham.
Randy Levine says filmmaker Barbara Kopple "swung and missed" with Steinbrenner doc.
Cubs co-Owner Todd Ricketts goes undercover for a week at Wrigley as part of CBS reality show.
- Rams Slowly Working Bradford Into Market...
- NFL Season Preview
- Prospect Of A Lockout Looms Over NFL Sea...
- Brandt, Imbriano Discuss NFL Issues
- NFL League Notes
- NFL Exec Roundtable, Part One
- "Hard Knocks" Helping Jets' PSL Sales
- Jaguars First In New Season-Ticket Sales
- NFL Franchise Notes
- Visa's NFL Marketing Focuses On Local Te...
- Quick Hit Launces NFL-Licensed Game
- NBC Debuting New Promos For "SNF"
- Networks Prepare For New NFL Season
- Saints, NFL Focus Of "Today" N.O. Show
- Jones, Kraft Top Yahoo Owner Rankings
- Consumer Demos For Avid NFL Fans