Redskins Sorting Through Shanahan Options MLB Attorneys: Selig Previously Denied A's Move Mariners GM Zduriencik Fires BacK IceArizona Generating Buzz For Coyotes Franchise Notes Mariners Hope Cano Draws Fans, Other FAs Source: Shanahan Nearly Left Redskins O's Raising Season-Ticket Prices Texans' McNair Hopes For Short Turnaround NFL Franchise Notes
Saints Offer Relocation Packages To Fans Displaced At Superdome
Published May 6, 2010
|Saints Have Offered Relocation Ticket Packages
To 1,200 Fans Displaced By New Press Box
The Saints yesterday said that they have "now offered relocation ticket packages to all the members of 'the missing 1,200,' a group displaced by the new press box in the Superdome," according to James Varney of the New Orleans TIMES-PICAYUNE. Saints VP/Communications Greg Bensel in a statement said the team has "directly contacted each account holder from the 1,200 seats affected." Bensel: "It represents about 330 accounts. There remains about 30 accounts, which represent about 200 seats, that are still undecided on what they want to do with respect to relocating." Varney notes the stadium's old press box is "being converted into luxury suites ... as part of the Superdome's renovations to maximize revenue and attract events such as the Super Bowl." The group of displaced season-ticket holders "organized themselves into 'the missing 1,200,' and became something of a squeaky wheel," though "from the outset, 'the missing 1,200' members said they fully support the Superdome upgrades, and that they understand the Saints need to make changes to stay in the elite ranks of the NFL." Meanwhile, Varney notes Saints officials were "stung by any suggestion that they began reaching out to aggrieved fans Monday in an effort to divert attention" from the lawsuit filed by former Saints Security Dir Geoffrey Santini. Bensel said that "solving the problem of 'the missing 1,200' had always been a priority, and its resolution was unconnected to the timing of the lawsuit" (New Orleans TIMES-PICAYUNE, 5/6).