Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/Issue 154/Hot Reads
Published April 23, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
The N.Y. TIMES' William Rhoden writes of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell meeting with draft prospects to discuss player conduct, "In other years, Goodell's words might have gone in one ear and out the other. But not this year, not in the wake of Goodell's suspension of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger" (N.Y. TIMES).
In a front-page piece for the WASHINGTON POST, Emily Wax writes in
- Marijuana use increasingly prevalent among NFL players.
- Univ. of Kansas ticket scandal goes back years, say attorneys.
- Sandy Alderson wants to radically change Dominican baseball.
- Remembering Bill France Jr.: parts one, two, three, four, five.
- Joe Torre is part-owner of promising Kentucky Derby horse.
- Rodney Peete and wife Holly tell story of autistic son R.J.