SBD/Issue 88/Hot Reads
Published January 20, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
In a profile of Wild Dir of Hockey Operations Chris Snow and Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, ESPNCHICAGO.com's Jon Greenberg writes Snow "would love to follow Bowman's path." Bowman, the league’s youngest GM, is "one of just a handful of NHL GMs who didn't play or coach hockey at a high level beforehand (ESPNCHICAGO.com).
In a special to YAHOO SPORTS, Maury Brown writes of arbitration in MLB, "The process has changed little over the years, but that does not mean salary arbitration hasn't been a major game changer in how clubs factor their payrolls" (SPORTS.YAHOO.com).
- Which MLB teams got the best results for their money last decade?
- Canucks stand up to NHL establishment in recent controversy.
- Filmmaker's dream to tell story of NBA integration becomes reality.
- Tom Glavine discusses possible new job in Braves’ front office.
- Former NFLer Luther Elliss hopes others learn from his financial woes.