SBD/Issue 85/Hot Reads
Published January 15, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
The PITTSBURGH POST-GAZETTE's Chuck Finder writes in the wake of FSN Pittsburgh suspending producer Lowell MacDonald Jr. "for failing to provide all video available for an NHL replay review, one former league boss expects its leadership to revisit the process" (PITTSBURGH POST-GAZETTE). Meanwhile, the PHILADELPHIA DAILY NEWS' Rich Hofmann offers an inside look at the NHL replay room in Toronto.
SI.com's Chris Mannix writes the Nets' "plight isn't nearly as bad" as their record indicates, as future owner Mikhail Prokhorov "brings something to the table that the Nets haven't had in a long time. Money. Oodles of it" (SI.com).
- Group of breakaway ManU fans vindicated by Glazers' debt troubles.
- Is McGwire delusional about the advantage gained from steroids?
- Boxing proves its own worst enemy in Pacquiao-Mayweather fallout.
- IOC gives five Canadian officials special passes for Vancouver Games.
- Former MLBPA Exec Dir Marvin Miller is
's most glaring omission. HOF
- Q&A with
Hockey Dir of Operations Scott Monaghan. USA
- Ford Motorsports Dir Jamie Allison bullish on NASCAR rebound.
- Former Ameritrade CEO Joe Moglia aims to be NCAA FBS coach.
- Profile of Dave Singer, Senior Exec Producer for KSPN-AM in L.A.