Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/Issue 84/Hot Reads
Published January 14, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun writes four-and-a-half seasons into the NHL's current CBA, "This much is clear: The post-lockout NHL promised parity and delivered on that. … The flip side of that talent base being forcefully spread around 30 teams is that keeping a good team together has never been harder" (ESPN.com).
MLB.com's Hal Bodley writes of MLB's Special Committee for On-Field Matters, "These committee members are far too busy with their respective teams to spend the time necessary on the issues without expecting results. They have an excellent opportunity to improve baseball, and hopefully that will happen" (MLB.com).
- Sale of 10% of UFC will forever change landscape of MMA.
- Writer attempts to score Super Bowl tickets from resale outlets.
- "Moneyball" MLB teams turn to building speed-oriented rosters.
- Why there are still reasons to keep an eye on Tiger-less PGA Tour.
- NCAA, NABC embrace Samaritan's Feet charity's annual drive.
- Jazz CEO Greg Miller using new media to speak directly to fans.