Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/Issue 5/Hot Reads
Published September 18, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
In a Q&A with MEDIAPOST.com, ESPN Senior VP/Research & Analytics Artie Bulgrin says new media "has been embraced by the sports fans because they can be in contact with sports on a daily basis. So they consume a lot of sports but traditional media has not suffered. Media use is not a zero sum game" (MEDIAPOST.com).
- Writer reflects on 40-year history of "Monday Night Football."
- Media outlets examine the erosion of the local sports section.
- Cubs franchise could be a steal for Tom Ricketts at $845M.
- NASCAR writers discuss recent hot topics in the sport.
- California boxing regulators gave free fight tickets to friend.
- Cablevision in unknown territory with high school sports channel.
- Dan Fouts returns to NFL broadcast booth with CBS gig.