Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
SBD/Issue 205/Hot Reads
Published July 14, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The DETROIT NEWS’ Gregg Krupa writes of the down economy’s effect on sports sponsorships, “Officials and observers in the business side of sport wonder not only when the once deep-pockets benefactors will return, but if they will provide the volume of revenue that largely supported sport in America for generations” (DETROIT NEWS).
The CHICAGO TRIBUNE’s Rick Morrissey writes ahead of the one-year anniversary of the death of baseball writer Jerome Holtzman, “There was relentlessness to Holtzman and others like him that you won’t find in a standard blog. Those bloggers don’t have the access the mainstream media have, and I’m convinced many of them don’t want it. They want to opine” (CHICAGO TRIBUNE).
- Fathers to play large part in increasing number of black baseball players.
- Red Sox Senior Advisor Bill James discusses the MLB All-Star Game.
- An “unofficial guide” into the life of a sports referee.
- Pros, celebrities using poker tournaments to raise money for charity.
- Profile of former MLB Giants Enterprises President Pat Gallagher.
- Q&A with
AD Mike Bellotti. Univ.of Oregon