SBD/Issue 150/Hot Reads
Published April 23, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
ESPN.com's Mike Fish writes in a profile of former MLBer-turned-entrepreneur Lenny Dykstra, "You wonder if the dream, built on glitz and greed in a time of economic uncertainty, is a teetering house of cards. You wonder if anyone this side of Bernie Madoff has ticked off more people" (ESPN.com).
The WINNIPEG FREE PRESS' Randy Turner writes, "NHL salary structures are finally starting to reflect the playoff realities of the men in the masks. The best goaltenders, on the whole, are now in the top three on the salary charts" (WINNIPEG FREE PRESS).
- Filmmakers/MLB fans set out to make "30 Ballparks in 30 Days."
- Core group of longtime employees adds stability to USOC.
- Fellow sports columnist pays tribute to recently-retired Jerry Greene.
- Helio Castroneves discusses how tax trial has changed his outlook.
- Golf Channel set to welcome Charlie Rymer to on-air roster.