World Series Seen As Fitting Send-Off For Selig IndyCar Announces '15 Schedule NFL Team Could Bring U.K. More Than $250M A Year Bishop Again Apologizes For Poulter Comments Wembley To Host Three NFL Games In '15 MLS Realigns Conferences For '15 Season NFLPA Looks To Dismiss Head Injury Complaint League Notes Sources: NFL Owners, Execs Talking L.A. PGA's Bishop Believes Ouster Was Too Harsh
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/Issue 100/Leagues & Governing Bodies
Troy Vincent's Involvement In Web Site Bring New Questions
Published February 11, 2009
|Helfand Says Vincent Was Never Involved
With ProAthletesOnly.com Web Site
VINCENT LISTED AS SITE CO-OWNER IN BIO: Although Spivey said Vincent has separated from the site, Vincent's biography on the Web site Eltekon.com for a financial advisory firm he co-owns said as late as last month that Vincent "owns all or part of several companies, including ... Pro-Athletes Only." The bio was changed about the time that Helfand was arrested. Attempts to reach Helfand were also unsuccessful yesterday. But in an interview with SportsBusiness Journal last month, Helfand said that Vincent was never involved in the Web site or the parent company, despite press releases and Vincent's own bios to the contrary. Helfand said that no athletes had invested their personal funds in the venture. Spivey, however, said that he invested more than $10,000 of his personal funds in the venture and that another baseball player Spivey would not identify had invested more. Multiple football sources said at least one NFL player had invested personal funds in the venture.
ELTEKON REFUTES POST ARTICLE: Eltekon today released a statement responding to the allegations in yesterday's N.Y. Post article and saying the company stands behind Vincent. The statement read in part, "We fully support Mr. Vincent in his leadership role with Eltekon and are proud to be associated with him."