Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/Issue 100/Hot Reads
Published February 11, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
REUTERS' Alexander Smith writes, "People are up in arms about bankers receiving bonuses when the banks they worked for have gone down the pan. But isn't it just as shocking that so many state-backed financial firms still subsidise the eye-popping wages of sporting superstars through rich sponsorship deals?" (REUTERS).
- Do baseball fans bear any responsibility for the Steroid Era?
- League, union's steroid complicity equated to selling MLB's soul.
- USSF eschews bigger payday to stage Mexico-U.S. at Crew Stadium.
- A look at how injuries are approached in pro sports culture.
- Capitals have a history of arenas with poor ice conditions.
- Q&A with former MLBer-turned-entrepreneur Darren Lewis.