SBD/Issue 2/Hot Reads
Published September 15, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
The PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER's Chris Satullo writes NFL Films President Steve Sabol is "the man who wove the myths that made the NFL a lucrative Sunday cult. Before Sabol, football shows were herky-jerky reels shot from one vantage high above the stadium" (PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER).
The Minneapolis STAR-TRIBUNE's Rachel Blount writes Vikings VP/Operations Kevin Warren "is eager to see whether NFL's new Fan Code of Conduct can curb the bad behavior without suppressing the high spirits" (Minneapolis STAR-TRIBUNE).
- NHL could again be on the losing side of a player pension dispute.
- New Cowboys stadium project reflects Jerry Jones' boldness.
- A light-hearted look at possible Longhorn Network programming.
- A round-up of off-the-field sports celebrity news.
- Independent Grand Prairie AirHogs draw well in inaugural season.
- Profile of Thunder's "whiz-kid" GM Sam Presti.
- D'Backs GM Josh Byrnes is a careful student of the game.