Quote of the Day
"Madrid wants the Olympics
in 2016. This could not
have been a good
thing for that campaign.”
-- ESPN.com's Gene Wojciechowski, on Spain’s men's basketball team making "slit-eyed gestures” in a recent ad ("Around The Horn,” ESPN, 8/14).
Oh, Happy Days
Sponsors see uptick in Olympic Green traffic behind blue skies, start of track events.
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder
Packers will offer Favre a post-retirement marketing deal, including own product line.
Rogers could reportedly lose millions after tickets go unsold for Bills' preseason game in Toronto Thursday night.
Taking A Bite Out Of The Apple
WFAN’s “Mike & the Mad Dog” off the airwaves after Chris Russo leaves the station.
Coming To America
ESPN Ombudsman dismisses talk of net’s East Coast bias for MLB coverage.
So Easy ESPN Can Do It
Geico’s ubiquitous cavemen to appear in “SportsCenter,” fantasy football promos.
Arkansas the latest college handing multimedia rights management to ISP.
- NBC Averaging 17.6 Through Wednesday
- NBC Earns High Marks For Games Presentat...
- London 2012 Schedule Won't Be Swayed By ...
- Olympic Green Sees Busiest Day
- Agent: Michael Phelps Is A Global Icon
- Nike To Run Ads During Rest Of Beijing G...
- Inside Pitch: Tyson Gay
- IOC Criticizes China For Media Clash
- Venue Owners Seeking Sponsorships
- Chicago Mayor Daley Prepares For 2016 Bi...
- Q&A With GWU Prof Lisa Delpy Neirotti
- Olympic Notes
- Olympic Blog Hound
- Olympic Media Monitor
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- The Latest From SBD/SBJ's Olympic Site