Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
SBD/Issue 122/Hot Reads
Published March 14, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
The N.Y. TIMES' Murray Chass writes of various MLB clubs' Christian-based faith nights: "It has no place in baseball. Baseball crowds are made up of people of all faiths and no faith. No segment should be singled out" (N.Y. TIMES).
The SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER's Art Thiel writes prior to a Steve Ballmer-led group's offer of $150M in KeyArena funding, "The anti-subsidy crowd had a nice little argument about making a principled stand. … Now it looks penny-wise and pound-foolish" (SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER).
- Hard work behind the scenes at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
- Santa Anita winter-spring meet overcoming track surface issues.
- Are NHL's player suspensions historically lighter for Canadian teams?
- USL Rochester Rhinos on the verge of ownership change?
- Profile of Mariners GM Bill Bavasi.
- Pre-All-Star Game interview with NLL Commissioner Jim Jennings.