Quote of the Day
“Notre Dame football has fans that pull for them and people watching that hope they get their butts kicked. If Toyota develops that kind of following where the fans come to the racetrack to pull for their drivers and against them, that’s another reason to give a crap about NASCAR.”
Charlotte Observer NASCAR writer David Poole, on Toyota’s entry into the Nextel Cup Series (THE DAILY).
- cloud of sanctions, fines and accusations of cheating, but Sunday’s Daytona 500 also offers a chance for companies to launch new ads around the sport. Meanwhile, research shows the cost of advertising around NASCAR’s premier race has increased 11% in five years; JR Motorsports' Thayer Lavielle talks about building the Dale Jr. brand; and two motorsports writers discuss the state of NASCAR.
Viva Las Vegas!
Tickets to All-Star Game reaching high four figures on secondary market.
NBA backing away from plans to introduce new synthetic ball for ’07-08 season.
Fallout from Hardaway’s anti- gay comments continues, as CBA, sponsor cut ties.
Also In The Headlines
MLB to proceed with DirecTV Extra Innings deal despite last- minute offer from cable industry.
A Challenge Flag
Gene Upshaw denies NFL retirees did not receive proper licensing benefits.
SoCal panel allows AVP to charge admission for Hermosa Beach Open.
Bill Cowher joins CBS’ “The NFL Today” pregame show.
- NASCAR Season Preview: Part II
- Some NASCAR Teams Looking For Investors
- Lavielle Discusses JR Motorsports
- Advertisers Rev Up Daytona 500 Creatives
- Daytona 500 TV Ad Revenue Rising
- Red Bull Gearing Up For First NASCAR Sea...
- Part II Of NASCAR Writers Roundtable
- Montoya Kicks Off NASCAR Rookie Season
- Wheels & Deals
- Blog Hound