Mutombo Interested In Hawks Ownership Broadcasting & Cable HOF To Honor 12 TPG A Majority Stakeholder In CAA Leagues To File Against N.J. Betting Manning Leaving CFP Committee Overnight Ratings: NASCAR, CFB PGA Tour Names Tom Wade CCO Sources: Barclays Center Up For Sale Sources: Islanders Sale Price Was $485M
SBD/Issue 236/Hot ReadsPrint All
Mike Weir, Stephen Ames stand out as Canada’s top golfers.
A look at the fashion faults of players at this year’s U.S. Open.
The Portland OREGONIAN’s John Canzano writes of S.F. Chronicle reporters Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams being ordered to reveal their BALCO sources, “The only thing being stifled here is a free press, which is guaranteed by the First Amendment. If reporters are compelled to identify confidential sources, you might as well declare it dead” (Portland OREGONIAN).
The ORLANDO SENTINEL’s Jemele Hill writes of Tiger Woods, “Transcendent athletes take a stand. ... [But] in the face of substantive issues, Tiger often wilts like his competitors” (ORLANDO SENTINEL).
The N.Y. TIMES’ Selena Roberts writes of Jimmy Connors’ mentoring of Andy Roddick, “Connors deserves credit for kicking Roddick’s passivity to the curb. But Roddick’s mean bite on match day is of costume fangs” (N.Y. TIMES).
- What if Fainaru-Wada and Williams had not reported on BALCO?
- Columnist says WNBA needs to work on getting itself more exposure.
- Columnist says Kornheiser’s workload makes him a “Schaapaholic.”
- MLS FC Dallas has made it tough for fans to identify with team.
- Former MLBer Cal Ripken continues investment in minor league teams.
- Levy Restaurants Chair & CEO Larry Levy enters luxury hotel business.