SBD/Issue 222/Hot Reads
Published August 15, 2006
The PHILADELPHIA DAILY NEWS’ Bill Conlin writes the NFL, with its four-game preseason, is “confusing regulated parity that is the planned result of a salary cap, the draft and a deep pool of talent with the unintended parity that can result when legitimate playoff contenders are decimated by long-term injuries during the long, totally unnecessary ‘exhibitions’” (PHILADELPHIA DAILY NEWS).
- Roundtable with PGA Tour players, tournament exec and Jim Nantz.
- WTA experimenting with on-court coaching during Rogers Cup.
- Are the Mariners’ ballpark food prices keeping fans away?
- Is the Ronaldinho “Touch of Gold” Internet video real or fake?
- NASCAR pit crew members have become increasingly athletic.
- PR exec says Premier League clubs must improve relations with press.
- Development widespread as
looks for 2016 Olympics bid. Chicago
- Q&A with Yvonne Szeto, lead architect for NASCAR HOF.
- Profile of DeVos Sport Business Management Program Dir Bill Sutton.