Ad Inventory For NCAA Tourney 95% Sold Sporting KC Unveils '14 TV Schedule Steedman Named AEG Facilities COO OSU Partners With Sporting Innovations Yahoo Named MLB.com's Fantasy Game Cuban To Visit USF Sport Management Program Details Emerge About Rio Games Golf Fields Torrey Pines Likely To Host '21 U.S. Open Ross Wants To Pay For Stadium Upgrade Martha Ford Takes Over Lions Ownership
SBD/Issue 202/Hot ReadsPrint All
Short track auto racing’s decline seems to be picking up speed.
European golfers sound off on driving distance controversy.
The Minneapolis STAR TRIBUNE’s Rachel Blount writes of Michelle Wie, “The bottom line is that Wie is a divine talent who draws huge crowds, generates a flood of publicity for her sport and makes vaults of money for sponsors, tournaments and herself” (Minneapolis STAR TRIBUNE). But the
TIMES’ Bill Dwyre writes, “Can we slow down the canonization of Michelle Wie? For her sake” ( L.A. TIMES). L.A.
ESPN.com’s Scott Burnside writes of the NHL’s salary-cap system, “Five years ago, it was entirely possible the top 20 free agents would have been more or less equally divided between five or six clubs. Now, they are scattered” (ESPN.com).
The SACRAMENTO BEE’s Ailene Voisin writes, “If the worst-case scenario occurs and the Kings leave … prospective tenants will not rush to fill out the rental forms for 18-year-old Arco Arena” (SACRAMENTO BEE).
- How should MLB spend the money from its new TV contract?
- David Aldridge addresses study on diversity among sports editors.
- Columnist says WTA correct in considering on-court coaching.
- Instant replay is tennis’ biggest change since the tiebreaker.
- Champ Car World Series San Jose Grand Prix faces uncertain future.
- A visit to the U.S. by the Iraqi Olympic Committee Media Dir.
- Is now the right time to buy shares of K-Swiss?
- Hawaii Winter Baseball preparing for its October debut.
- Creative promotions helping Louisville Bats lure fans.
- As ’08 Beijing Games approach, companies look to cash in.
U.S.companies face theft of intellectual property in . China
- Ultimate Fighting Championship presents challenge for boxing.
- Profile of Miller Motorsports Park in
- Profile of the family-run Haag Bat Co.