Selig Leaves As MLB Commish After 22 Years Bulls, Blackhawks To Build Office Complex Orioles' Listening To Offers For Duquette Mayor Backs Blackhawks' Proposed Practice Facility Paul Beeston To Remain With Blue Jays Nats' Lerner Seized Opportunity With Scherzer MLB, NCAA Discuss Pushing Draft To July 1 Margaret Court Arena Draws Rave Reviews Facility Notes Wrigley Rooftop Owners Sue Cubs, Ricketts
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD/Issue 52/Facilities & Venues
DC CFO Says District Cannot Raise Cap On Ballpark Spending
Published November 23, 2005
DC Officials Standing Firm On
$535M Spending Cap For Ballpark
LAND IN GEAR: In DC, David Nakamura reports the DC government has told landowners on the site of the proposed ballpark that “they must vacate their properties by Feb. 3 so that the city can begin construction in March.” Officials had said that they wanted the land by December 31 “so they would have time to raze the buildings and address any environmental problems by March 1.” So far, seven landowners have agreed to sell, for a total of $14M, while DC filed an eminent domain suit against the 16 remaining owners, “depositing $84[M] in offers in a court-controlled trust” (WASHINGTON POST, 11/23).