Steelers' Villanueva Stars In Ad For USAA Octagon Formally Announces Rebrand HBO Moving Production Of "Ballers"? Mercedes-Benz Stadium Adds Scana As Partner Bevacqua Enthused By Response For Ryder Cup NHL Reportedly Set To Launch In-Arena App Chris Evert Places Boca Raton Estate On Market Syracuse Wrapping Up MetLife Stadium Deal LA 2024 Bid Gets $250M Guarantee From State Concerts Expected To Boost U.S. Grand Prix Crowds
SBD/Issue 57/This Week's SBJPrint All
See this week’s issue of SportsBusiness Journal as well as www.sportsbusinessjournal.com for these stories and more.
THIS WEEK'S HEADLINES
• This week’s cover story profiles NASCAR's new head man - Brian France. • NFL shows $19.4M loss on tax return. • Old-time hockey flourishes outdoors in Edmonton. • Foot Locker renews for NFL catalog, online business. •
Taking a final look at the arenas opening this fall.
• Hornets hit sophomore slump in ticket sales. • AFL banks on regional cable to increase reach.
• The Lefton Report: U.S. Open Champ Andy Roddick signs deal to become endorser for Rolex; U.S. Army renews sponsorship of AFL.
• Olympics Update: NYC2012 and the USOC face condemnation and penalties stemming from Dick Pound's World Anti-Doping Agency; comments after more preview tours of Athens.
Tube Talk: After not getting satisfactory offers from ESPN or anyone else, NHL appears ready to wait it out before cutting a new TV deal; CSTV to stage first consumer promo with Coca-Cola.
• Labor & Agents: Two of four Raiders reported to have tested positive for THG hire lawyer David Cornwell; Octagon's Clifton signs pitcher Hasegawa.
• Campus Beat: Sonoma State uses shares in racehorses to help boost athletic department scholarship fund; Villanova field house ATM will also distribute tickets to students.