2014 Reader Survey: College Sports Sherman Critical Of Several NFL Policies MASN Taking Aim At MLB Advance To Nats NHL, NHLPA Aim For Big Money World Cup Red Sox Willing To Go Over Luxury Tax Threshold Silver Optimistic About New Bucks' Arena Bahamas Hosting CBB Despite Gambling Executive Transactions 2014 Reader Survey: Motorsports Jeter Played No Role In Woods' Tribune Piece
SBD/Issue 57/This Week's SBJPrint All
See this week’s issue of SportsBusiness Journal as well as www.sportsbusinessjournal.com for these stories and more.
THIS WEEK'S HEADLINES
• This week’s cover story profiles NASCAR's new head man - Brian France. • NFL shows $19.4M loss on tax return. • Old-time hockey flourishes outdoors in Edmonton. • Foot Locker renews for NFL catalog, online business. •
Taking a final look at the arenas opening this fall.
• Hornets hit sophomore slump in ticket sales. • AFL banks on regional cable to increase reach.
• The Lefton Report: U.S. Open Champ Andy Roddick signs deal to become endorser for Rolex; U.S. Army renews sponsorship of AFL.
• Olympics Update: NYC2012 and the USOC face condemnation and penalties stemming from Dick Pound's World Anti-Doping Agency; comments after more preview tours of Athens.
Tube Talk: After not getting satisfactory offers from ESPN or anyone else, NHL appears ready to wait it out before cutting a new TV deal; CSTV to stage first consumer promo with Coca-Cola.
• Labor & Agents: Two of four Raiders reported to have tested positive for THG hire lawyer David Cornwell; Octagon's Clifton signs pitcher Hasegawa.
• Campus Beat: Sonoma State uses shares in racehorses to help boost athletic department scholarship fund; Villanova field house ATM will also distribute tickets to students.