NFL Owners Approve Raiders Relocation Panthers Deny Report On Ownership Jose Canseco Named A's Studio Analyst FIS To Assist MiLB With Loyalty Program JetBlue Renews Red Sox Deal Through '30 15SOF Reaches Deal With Big Ten Network Buss Family Feud Appears To Be Over Fox Down For NASCAR At Fontana Stephen Ross Interested In Miami Open NFL Announces Changes To Executive Structure
SBD/Issue 232/Hot ReadsPrint All
N.Y. TIMES editorial bids farewell to the Pete Sampras-Andre Agassi rivalry.
Recent angst over Univ. of Minnesota’s stadium situation stems from potential scheduling conflicts with the Twins.
The BOSTON GLOBE’s Jim McCabe writes that the TPC Boston is a three-way partnership – the PGA Tour owning 50%, FleetBoston Financial 24.9% and Connell Limited Partnership 25.1%. The price for building the course “was roughly $28[M], and while there was a sea of red tape and political maneuvering, from the start the project had the critical support and financial clout of business leaders. … All of them avid golfers, all instrumental in the development of this facility” (BOSTON GLOBE).
- Saratoga Race Course draws fans from all walks of life in a record-setting season.
- U.S. District Court decision could take trademark protections from Redskins.
- Arizona State faces stiff competition for Phoenix’ sports and entertainment dollar.
- Sports Illustrated has seen many changes in its first 50 years.
- Former Negro Leaguers face difficult financial times without MLB pension.