NBA TV, FS Indiana Set Records United Airlines Renews As Arena Sponsor WTA Brussels Open Folds After Three Years NCAA Awards Championship Events Commissioners Discuss NCAA Reform NCAA's Emmert Talks O'Bannon Lawsuit Van Gundy Will Not Broadcast Knicks Game E-Trade Will Not Run Super Bowl Ad IAF: Emmert Says New Structure Possible Kings Lead NBA Teams In Attendance Gains
SBD/Issue 232/Hot ReadsPrint All
N.Y. TIMES editorial bids farewell to the Pete Sampras-Andre Agassi rivalry.
Recent angst over Univ. of Minnesota’s stadium situation stems from potential scheduling conflicts with the Twins.
The BOSTON GLOBE’s Jim McCabe writes that the TPC Boston is a three-way partnership – the PGA Tour owning 50%, FleetBoston Financial 24.9% and Connell Limited Partnership 25.1%. The price for building the course “was roughly $28[M], and while there was a sea of red tape and political maneuvering, from the start the project had the critical support and financial clout of business leaders. … All of them avid golfers, all instrumental in the development of this facility” (BOSTON GLOBE).
- Saratoga Race Course draws fans from all walks of life in a record-setting season.
- U.S. District Court decision could take trademark protections from Redskins.
- Arizona State faces stiff competition for Phoenix’ sports and entertainment dollar.
- Sports Illustrated has seen many changes in its first 50 years.
- Former Negro Leaguers face difficult financial times without MLB pension.