2014 SBJ/SBD Reader Survey Judge Set To Decide On Sports Betting Jones On New Super Bowl Bidding Rule Baer On Giants' "Organizational Culture" Atlantic Sun Reaches Deal With LakePoint Game 3 Dedicated To Fighting Cancer AutoNation Sponsors Bowl Game In Orlando Paul Allen Pledges Up To $100M In Ebola Fight UM Cuts Student Football Season-Ticket Prices Galaxy, AEG Announce StubHub Center Upgrades
SBD/Issue 232/Hot ReadsPrint All
N.Y. TIMES editorial bids farewell to the Pete Sampras-Andre Agassi rivalry.
Recent angst over Univ. of Minnesota’s stadium situation stems from potential scheduling conflicts with the Twins.
The BOSTON GLOBE’s Jim McCabe writes that the TPC Boston is a three-way partnership – the PGA Tour owning 50%, FleetBoston Financial 24.9% and Connell Limited Partnership 25.1%. The price for building the course “was roughly $28[M], and while there was a sea of red tape and political maneuvering, from the start the project had the critical support and financial clout of business leaders. … All of them avid golfers, all instrumental in the development of this facility” (BOSTON GLOBE).
- Saratoga Race Course draws fans from all walks of life in a record-setting season.
- U.S. District Court decision could take trademark protections from Redskins.
- Arizona State faces stiff competition for Phoenix’ sports and entertainment dollar.
- Sports Illustrated has seen many changes in its first 50 years.
- Former Negro Leaguers face difficult financial times without MLB pension.