Tebow Helps Fireflies Lead Single-A In Attendance Franchise Notes Ford Runs Bumgarner Ad Following Dirt Bike Injury Sources: Marlins Using Jeter To Elicit Interest In Team MLB Stars Appear In New Sheraton Campaign Tobacco Still Being Used In Some MLB Clubhouses Sabres Have No Timetable To Hire New Leadership NBA Kings Beef Up Their Front Office MLB Cardinals Working On Performance Department Chiefs Raise Cash Gameday Parking Prices
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
UEBERROTH COULD BUY INTO THE ANGELS, ACCORDING TO AUTRY
Published March 13, 1995
According to Angels Exec VP Jackie Autry, former MLB Commissioner Peter Ueberroth may buy 25% of the Angels, with an option to buy the remaining 75% upon the death of team owner Gene Autry. If the purchase is completed, Ueberroth would immediately become managing general partner of the team. Jackie Autry said a price tag has not been set, but it is believed the Angels would be valued at $125-135M if a deal to build a new $215M stadium is finalized. How soon a deal could be made will depend on Ueberroth's analysis of the franchise, and how long it takes MLB to check financial stability of Ueberroth and his investment group (Michele Himmelberg, ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER, 3/10).