Red Sox Willing To Go Over Luxury Tax Threshold Hurricanes Seeing Smaller Crowds So Far Orlando City's Rawlins Still A Fan First Franchise Notes Red Sox Spend Big With Ramirez, Sandoval Bills Say Stadium Will Be Ready For Sunday AHL Checkers Likely To Leave Hornets' Arena NFL Franchise Notes Bills Plan To Practice, Play In Buffalo This Week Rockies Brass Conducts Twitter Q&A With Fans
STEINBRENNER SAYS HE IS NOT READY TO LEAVE THE BRONX
Published January 24, 1995
Yankees Owner George Steinbrenner has rejected parts of the city's $380M plan to "keep the team in the Bronx," according to a report in this morning's N.Y. POST. City officials have since formulated a new plan and submitted it back to Steinbrenner, but no details of the proposal were released. Steinbrenner dismissed a report in this week's NEW YORK OBSERVER that he has decided "to abandon the Bronx" and had met secretly with officials at the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority. Through a spokesperson, Steinbrenner said: "We haven't made up our minds yet as to what we will do." Steinbrenner met yesterday with city officials, including NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani, about the city's proposal (David Seifman, N.Y. POST, 1/24).