NBA Regular-Season Viewership Down 6% Pistons' Season Tickets Sales Strong For New Arena ESPN/ABC, TNT See NBA Playoffs Ratings Gains NBA Gets Third Straight Attendance Record Magic Fire GM Rob Hennigan After Five Years Pacers Owner Herb Simon Discusses Team, League Wearable Tech Is Unique Problem For Players Jazz' Gail Miller Discusses Team's Legacy Trust Hornets' Pete Guelli Talks Growing Season-Ticket Base Curry Remains Atop NBA's Jersey Sales
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
SBD/23/Sponsorships Advertising Marketing
SPRITE IS THE LATEST TO SIGN GRANT HILL AS ENDORSER
Published January 23, 1995
Coca-Cola Co. has signed NBA rookie Grant Hill to serve as the centerpiece of its Sprite brand's NBA sponsorship. Hill will star in a global campaign, continuing agency Lowe & Partners' "Obey Your Thirst" theme. The first ads featuring Hill will begin during the NBA All-Star weekend in Phoenix. Coca-Cola joins GMC Trucks, SkyBox, Wilson and Schick as companies which have hired Hill as an endorser. According to Tom George, VP/Athlete Marketing at Advantage Int'l, Hill's ad exposure for the first half of '95 may be close to $20M (Matthew Grimm, BRANDWEEK, 1/23 issue). OTHER BEVERAGE NEWS: Britain's Cadbury Schweppes is close to announcing a $1.3B agreement to acquire Dr Pepper/ Seven Up Cos. Cadbury already owns 26% of the company, and reportedly will pay $33-$34 a share for the remaining 74%. After the purchase, Cadbury would hold about 17% of the U.S. soft drink market (WALL STREET JOURNAL, 1/23)....Everfresh Beverages, an IL- based company, will sell $.99 Everfresh fruit drinks from 12 ounce glass flasks starting in April (Becky Beyers, USA TODAY, 1/23).