Haslam Addresses Manziel's Party Persona At 74, Dolphins Owner Has No Plans To Retire Skins' Training Camp Lottery System Upsets Fans Scrutiny Building Around Bowlen's Successor Rockies Misspell Tulowitzki On Fan Giveaway Indians Use Analytics To Forecast Attendance Paul: I'll Sit Out If Sterling Still In Control Packers Open To Playing Road Game In London MLBPA Files Grievance Against Astros NYC FC Brings On Frank Lampard As Second DP
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SHOULD THEY STAY OR SHOULD THEY GO? RAMS DECISION PENDING
Published November 3, 1994
Rams President John Shaw said yesterday that the club will choose from among three options -- staying in Anaheim, or moving to Baltimore or St. Louis -- over the next two months. Shaw: "We'd like to accommodate the time frames Baltimore and St. Louis have requested sometime between Dec. 1 and Jan. 1, although there's no guarantee" (Jon Morgan, Baltimore SUN, 11/3). Shaw said, however, that the Rams are "aggressively pursuing" a move to St. Louis: "That's not to say we will ever complete a deal with St. Louis; we still have unresolved issues" (ST. LOUIS POST- DISPATCH, 11/3). Shaw acknowledged that Anaheim has "sweetened its offer" to keep the Rams, but he added, "I feel that Baltimore and St. Louis are offering something that Anaheim is not in a position to offer to the team -- a new, football-only stadium." Orioles Owner Peter Angelos said that he plans to meet with Shaw tomorrow in Los Angeles and he remains convinced that the Baltimore offer is better than St. Louis': "Baltimore is far more supportive of football than St. Louis" (Baltimore SUN, 11/3).