Sharks Partner With Solar4America MLB Releases Two Spots Honoring Ortiz Rams Documentary To Air Friday In St. Louis Oregon To Wear Duck-Inspired Uniforms WNBA Unveils New "Pass The Ball" Spot Blue Jackets, Papa John's Extend Partnership Cal Ripken Jr. Lists Maryland Home For Sale Trying To Find Right Balance With Ticket Prices Cubs Sue Area Merch Vendors For Infringement CBS/NFL Net See Gains For "TNF" Overnight
The Daily's Hot Reads For Friday: Trial Of Separation
Published September 27, 2013
The Minneapolis STAR TRIBUNE's Richard Meryhew writes 16 months after the Vikings and state political leaders signed off on the $975M partnership to build a new stadium, "and just days before development agreements on the project are expected to be finalized, the noise and controversy surrounding the high-profile deal linger" (Minneapolis STAR TRIBUNE).
Under the header, "NFL Has Big Drinking Problem," the MIAMI HERALD's Linda Robertson writes, "The league and its teams must show they are sincere about cracking down on troubled players. Otherwise the justifications, third chances, plea bargains and copouts reinforce the perception that the sport is a commodities market" (MIAMI HERALD).
- Dodgers dominate L.A. sports scene as Lakers take a back seat.
- Closer look at San Jose State's move to the Mountain West.
- NFL's sojourns to London raise a variety of legal issues.
- A timeline of Bud Selig's life and career as MLB Commissioner.
- Celtics' Brandon Bass learns to swim to inspire city youths.
- Brent Musburger discusses his love for calling sports on TV.