Mutombo Interested In Hawks Ownership Broadcasting & Cable HOF To Honor 12 TPG A Majority Stakeholder In CAA Leagues To File Against N.J. Betting Manning Leaving CFP Committee Overnight Ratings: NASCAR, CFB PGA Tour Names Tom Wade CCO Sources: Barclays Center Up For Sale Sources: Islanders Sale Price Was $485M
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Friday: Trial Of Separation
Published September 27, 2013
The Minneapolis STAR TRIBUNE's Richard Meryhew writes 16 months after the Vikings and state political leaders signed off on the $975M partnership to build a new stadium, "and just days before development agreements on the project are expected to be finalized, the noise and controversy surrounding the high-profile deal linger" (Minneapolis STAR TRIBUNE).
Under the header, "NFL Has Big Drinking Problem," the MIAMI HERALD's Linda Robertson writes, "The league and its teams must show they are sincere about cracking down on troubled players. Otherwise the justifications, third chances, plea bargains and copouts reinforce the perception that the sport is a commodities market" (MIAMI HERALD).
- Dodgers dominate L.A. sports scene as Lakers take a back seat.
- Closer look at San Jose State's move to the Mountain West.
- NFL's sojourns to London raise a variety of legal issues.
- A timeline of Bud Selig's life and career as MLB Commissioner.
- Celtics' Brandon Bass learns to swim to inspire city youths.
- Brent Musburger discusses his love for calling sports on TV.