Social Media Content Of The Day Mariota Picks Excel's Zucker For Marketing NHL Announces Outdoor Games, World Cup Altered Pro Bowl Kicks Off Super Bowl Week Belichick: Patriots Not To Blame For Deflategate Selig Passes Commissioner Torch To Manfred NFL To Test New Tablet-Based Replay System Chargers Deny L.A. Stadium Report "SNL" Takes Aim At Deflategate Weekend Briefs
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads On Wednesday: Still In The Red
Published August 21, 2013
The WALL STREET JOURNAL's Ben Cohen writes, "Traditional Heisman publicity blitzes are dying. Alabama has nothing special planned for quarterback A.J. McCarron or running back T.J. Yeldon. Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater warned his coaches in the spring not to even think of campaigning" (WALL STREET JOURNAL).
The SACRAMENTO BEE's Ailene Voisin writes, "Chris Hansen throwing up his dirty hands and shoveling $100,000 worth of anti-arena mud at Sacramento's proposed sports and entertainment complex? Sleazy. Petulant. Testosterone-driven, Not a surprise" (SACRAMENTO BEE). Meanwhile, SPORTS ON EARTH's Colin McGowan writes under the header, "Spiteful In Seattle" (SPORTSONEARTH.com).
- Why the concept of amateurism in college sports is a bad ideal.
- Green Bay running out of streets to name after Packers legends.
- New generation of Cuban stars making their mark in MLB.
- Univ. of New Haven using sensors to monitor head trauma.
- Mike Tyson back in boxing, but now as a fight promoter.
- Can Ryan Braun redeem himself in wake of PED suspension?
- Reds 2B Brandon Phillips goes extra mile on social media.