Adidas Unveils New Retail Tech D-League Embraces Single Affil Model TWC Reaches Deal For Six Dodgers Games Penn Mutual To Sponsor Rugby Event Epix To Air Winter Classic Reality Series Overnight Ratings: College Football, PGA Tour Vikes: Peterson Expected To Play Next Sunday NFL Names Three Domestic Violence Consultants Classified Advertisements
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Friday: The District Sleeps Alone
Published July 26, 2013
CBSSPORTS.com's Dennis Dodd writes a year after the NCAA's Penn State sanctions, "Everything has to be viewed through a Penn State lens. Everything negative these days, in college athletics. The entire system is under fire. … Almost every college source I've spoken to in the last year … said the NCAA overstepped its boundaries with Penn State" (CBSSPORTS.com).
In a front-page piece for the N.Y. TIMES, Felicity Barringer writes a decline in broken bats is the "result of an unusual partnership" between MLB and the Forest Service, "whose scientists looked deep into maple's core to find why it was so brittle, and how it could be made less so" (N.Y. TIMES).
- Australia is latest intriguing growth region for EPL teams.
- Writer feels NFL still needs to step up on concussion issue.
- Ryan Braun suspension tests friendship with Aaron Rodgers.
- Does America's Cup need a governing body and commissioner?
- Livestrong struggles in wake of Lance Armstrong revelations.
- Danica Patrick, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. open up about romance.
- Fox Sports Media Group's John Entz on upcoming FS1 launch.