Colts-Jets Gets 6.0 Overnight Rating For ESPN Anta, Klay Thompson Negotiating Contract Extension NFLPA Launches New Business Accelerator Cubs' Average Price For Season Tickets Will Rise Clock Ticking For Oakland On Raiders Deal Jim Delany Remains Focused In Growing Role VF Corp. Mum On Majestic Sale To UA MLS Cup Sells Out In Three Minutes NBA's Silver Tops SBJ Most Influential List SBJ In-Depth: Ticketing
The Daily's Hot Reads For Friday: The District Sleeps Alone
Published July 26, 2013
CBSSPORTS.com's Dennis Dodd writes a year after the NCAA's Penn State sanctions, "Everything has to be viewed through a Penn State lens. Everything negative these days, in college athletics. The entire system is under fire. … Almost every college source I've spoken to in the last year … said the NCAA overstepped its boundaries with Penn State" (CBSSPORTS.com).
In a front-page piece for the N.Y. TIMES, Felicity Barringer writes a decline in broken bats is the "result of an unusual partnership" between MLB and the Forest Service, "whose scientists looked deep into maple's core to find why it was so brittle, and how it could be made less so" (N.Y. TIMES).
- Australia is latest intriguing growth region for EPL teams.
- Writer feels NFL still needs to step up on concussion issue.
- Ryan Braun suspension tests friendship with Aaron Rodgers.
- Does America's Cup need a governing body and commissioner?
- Livestrong struggles in wake of Lance Armstrong revelations.
- Danica Patrick, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. open up about romance.
- Fox Sports Media Group's John Entz on upcoming FS1 launch.