Orlando City SC Hires Tim Holt EA Unveils "Madden" Cover Finalists Chargers Ticket Sales Ahead Of '14 Pace Eagles Shake Up Personnel Dept. Coppertone To Sponsor U.S. Soccer Goodyear Ends USSA Deal Match Play Overnight Down For Sunday ESPN's David Preschlack Leaving At Year's End Top Rank Ready To Sue After Piracy Of Fight Mayweather Camp Disputes Credentials Claim
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Thursday: Spanish Peanuts
Published July 11, 2013
REUTERS' Rogers & Larraz Mora write, "Recession-hobbled Spain is increasingly having to face up to a new reality marked by stinging budget cuts that threaten the country's status as a hive of sporting excellence" (REUTERS).
The L.A. TIMES' Bill Dwyre writes, "The mud and slop into which big-time college athletics keeps descending never ceases to amaze. Tuesday's story in The Times about Steve Alford's financial situation at UCLA is merely more sewage on the sludge" (L.A. TIMES).
The OTTAWA CITIZEN's Wayne Scanlan writes in the wake of RW Daniel Alfredsson leaving the Senators to join the Red Wings, "Ottawa hockey fans don't need to know how every dollar is accounted for, in and out. They do need – as do NHL players – faith that the operation is stable and capable of going for it on occasion" (OTTAWA CITIZEN).
- Could horse racing benefit from monthly championship event?
- Why playing in N.Y. is more burden than boon for athletes.
- Why Peter Baum spurned MLL for career with LXM Pro.
- Double-A Akron Aeros to pay tribute to fictional ballplayer.
- Portland State AD Torre Chisholm talks construction projects.
- Solheim Cup Tournament Dir Becky Newell preps for event.