Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Monday: Ballpark Figures
Published May 13, 2013
The ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION’s Jeff Schultz writes of NFL team owners seeking public funds for new stadiums or stadium upgrades: “Whether it’s Atlanta, Charlotte or Miami, no matter what NFL city is having a stadium issue, commissioner Roger Goodell reads from the same playbook” (ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION).
The WASHINGTON POST’s Dan Steinberg writes Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic’s Al Koken has been “a staple in Washington’s media landscape for decades. … But above all, Koken has been associated with the local broadcasts of the Washington Capitals” (WASHINGTON POST).
The LONDON TIMES’ Sathnam Sanghera writes of several F1 teams having female execs and Susie Wolff serving as a development driver for the Williams F1 team: “After years of grid girls and ‘F1 babes’ grand prix racing is finally taking women seriously” (LONDON TIMES).
The Memphis COMMERCIAL APPEAL’s Kyle Veazey writes of the local flavor of Grizzlies’ game presentations: “Give them an idea from another arena, they want to figure out how to sprinkle it with dry rub” (Memphis COMMERCIAL APPEAL).
- Politicians continue taking free tickets from lobbyist after voting for ban.
- Writer compares Seattle’s bid for NBA Kings to “a hostile takeover.”
- Can the Univ. of Cincinnati keep up with college football’s arms race?
- New Yorkers for Parks comes out in opposition to MLS’ Queens stadium plan.
- Profile of transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox.
- Q&A with UFC announcer Bruce Buffer.