MacLean Officially Rejoins Sportsnet's "HNIC" Yankees' Levine Credits StubHub's Cutler Source: Saints To Hold Camp At Greenbrier ESPN Sets Broadcast Crew For World Cup Of Hockey Hawks Extend Radio Deal Lexus Expands "TNF" Halftime Sponsorship Blue Jackets Minority Owner Wolfe Passes Copa America Final Draws Big Crowd Arkansas' Athletic Budget Exceeds $100M Coyotes Find Location For New Arena
The Daily's Hot Reads For Wednesday: A Light In Augusta
Published April 10, 2013
USA TODAY's Christine Brennan writes of Condoleezza Rice's presence at Augusta National: "It took Augusta National nearly 80 years to invite its first two female members into the club. It took one of them less than two days to become the most recognizable and popular member of the place." Also in USA TODAY, Tiger Woods' scandal seems like a distant memory headed into The Masters (USA TODAY).
The RICHMOND TIMES-DISPATCH's Paul Woody writes of the NFL's approach to concussion lawsuits: "Is telling the court individual teams are responsible for players' health while revenue sharing and corporate socialism are the foundations of the league's financial success what the NFL really wants?" (RICHMOND TIMES-DISPATCH). Also, former NFLer Kevin Turner, diagnosed with ALS, is one of the faces of the litigation (PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER).
The WASHINGTON POST's Mike Wise writes of the Heat resting some of their best players: "This is a good thing and a deserved rest for Miami's stars. … Because the entire organization did the mere impossible this year: LeBron and his team made the casual fan care about an NBA regular season" (WASHINGTON POST).
- Why Hollywood studios are involved in Ravens logo dispute.
- Rogers Centre so far in '13 is a launch pad for homerun hitters.
- Writer feels NCAA should ditch antiquated player transfer rules.
- Changes to MLB are reshaping how an effective roster is built.
- What realignment scenario would benefit Univ. of Memphis?
- The back story of Marlins fans being ejected Monday night.
- Quinnipiac Univ. hockey has taken long road to relevance.
- Pimlico adding new attractions to bring in new clientele.
- A closer look at the process of making Topps baseball cards.
- Why Brittney Griner deserves a shot to play against men.