Minor-League GM Has Prostate Exam At Game Callaway Sales Up In First Half Of FY '14 Consumers Recognize World Cup Sponsors EverBank, Jaguars To Extend Deal Judge To Let Kings Arena Project Proceed Potential '24 Bid Cities Meeting With USOC TWC To Carry SEC Network At Launch NFL's Reasoning For Ray Rice Punishment UNC To Help Athletes Finish Degrees
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Tuesday: Race To The Top
Published April 2, 2013
SI.com's Stu Hackel writes of the death of hockey player Dmitri Uchaykin due to a blow to the head while playing in Kazakhstan: "These are all very unfamiliar names in a very unfamiliar league from a very unfamiliar part of the world for most NHL fans. But the problem is not unfamiliar" (SI.com).
The DESERET NEWS runs a five-part series about athletic apparel contracts in Utah's major universities. The stories cover the importance of apparel sponsorships, how those deals are made up of several different provisions, whether Utah State will renew its deal with Nike, how Under Armour will redesign Utah's basketball uniforms and how BYU's deal with Nike affects recruiting (DESERET NEWS).
- TV companies have more than $110B tied up in sports rights.
- Atlanta gears up for Final Four, but little media presence to date.
- Commentators agree that LPGA adding a major is a good idea.
- Rays Owner Stuart Sternberg sits for mostly lighthearted Q&A.
- Nets Digital Dir Jayne Bussman-Wise on team's digital presence.