Dick's Wins Sports Authority Brand Name NFL Paid Roger Goodell $31.74M In '15 Bustos Pulls Support For Baseball Bill Yahoo Streaming NBA Free Agency Show Wisconsin Taps Fanatics For E-Commerce Byron Spruell Named NBA President Of League Ops Learfield Buys Signage Company GoVision Kerry Tharp Named Darlington Raceway President Lightning Keep Stamkos With $68M Deal Olympic Sponsors Worry About Rule 40
The Daily's Hot Reads For Tuesday: Race To The Top
Published April 2, 2013
SI.com's Stu Hackel writes of the death of hockey player Dmitri Uchaykin due to a blow to the head while playing in Kazakhstan: "These are all very unfamiliar names in a very unfamiliar league from a very unfamiliar part of the world for most NHL fans. But the problem is not unfamiliar" (SI.com).
The DESERET NEWS runs a five-part series about athletic apparel contracts in Utah's major universities. The stories cover the importance of apparel sponsorships, how those deals are made up of several different provisions, whether Utah State will renew its deal with Nike, how Under Armour will redesign Utah's basketball uniforms and how BYU's deal with Nike affects recruiting (DESERET NEWS).
- TV companies have more than $110B tied up in sports rights.
- Atlanta gears up for Final Four, but little media presence to date.
- Commentators agree that LPGA adding a major is a good idea.
- Rays Owner Stuart Sternberg sits for mostly lighthearted Q&A.
- Nets Digital Dir Jayne Bussman-Wise on team's digital presence.