Auto Club Speedway Celebrating Anniversary Subway Rolls Out New Daniel Suarez Spot NCAA Distributes Payouts To D-I Schools NHL To Play Two Avs-Sens Games In Sweden Nationals Quiet On New Field-Level Seats CONCACAF, CONMEBOL Weigh Joint Tourney Four Big Tech Companies Bidding For NFL's "TNF" Goodell Follows Up On Changes To NFL Games Disney Chair & CEO Bob Iger Extends Contract Coca-Cola's Marcos De Quintos Leaving Company
The Daily's Hot Reads For Tuesday: Race To The Top
Published April 2, 2013
SI.com's Stu Hackel writes of the death of hockey player Dmitri Uchaykin due to a blow to the head while playing in Kazakhstan: "These are all very unfamiliar names in a very unfamiliar league from a very unfamiliar part of the world for most NHL fans. But the problem is not unfamiliar" (SI.com).
The DESERET NEWS runs a five-part series about athletic apparel contracts in Utah's major universities. The stories cover the importance of apparel sponsorships, how those deals are made up of several different provisions, whether Utah State will renew its deal with Nike, how Under Armour will redesign Utah's basketball uniforms and how BYU's deal with Nike affects recruiting (DESERET NEWS).
- TV companies have more than $110B tied up in sports rights.
- Atlanta gears up for Final Four, but little media presence to date.
- Commentators agree that LPGA adding a major is a good idea.
- Rays Owner Stuart Sternberg sits for mostly lighthearted Q&A.
- Nets Digital Dir Jayne Bussman-Wise on team's digital presence.