TWC To Carry SEC Network At Launch NFL's Reasoning For Ray Rice Punishment UNC To Help Athletes Finish Degrees IOC Invites ISF To Host Exhibitions MGM Grand Lines Up Basketball Events Carnival To Sponsor Cowboys Pac-12 Networks Reaches Deal With YouTube Dover Reports Decrease In Q2 Revenue NFL Criticized For Suspending Rice Just Two Games SBJ/SBD Seek Hockey/Soccer Beat Writer
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Tuesday: Push To Talk
Published March 5, 2013
Under the header, "How One Man Gave The NFL Its Modern Mythology," NBC SPORTS' Joe Posnanski writes, "Steve Sabol's NFL Films opened America's eyes to the 'elusive magic' of the sport that rules today's entertainment landscape" (NBCSPORTS.com).
With the reality show "What Would Ryan Lochte Do?" set to premiere on E! next month, the ORLANDO SENTINEL's Shannon Owens writes Lochte "ultimately wants to give back to his sport by using his visibility to increase the popularity of swimming in America to the levels of football, basketball and baseball" (ORLANDO SENTINEL).
The L.A. TIMES' Bill Dwyre writes Int'l Tennis HOFer-elect Charlie Pasarell "has long been tennis' answer baseball's Field of Dreams. Pasarell built it, and they came. Actually, Pasarell kept building, and the players kept coming. No singular sensation for this visionary of the sport" (L.A. TIMES).
- A look at some NFL players' off-the-field startup businesses.
- Writer draws inspiration from Nike's latest TV ad campaign.
- Colorado ski resorts adopt alternative energy technologies.
- If Big East sells its name, what should remnant call itself?
- If PEDs are an issue in NBA, testosterone could be big problem.
- MLB Network, Army Reserve team up for apprentice program.
- Profile of IMG Sports & Entertainment President George Pyne.
- Big Ten's Jim Delany talks women's sports with Val Ackerman.
- What if Dennis Rodman were to handle more U.S. diplomacy?
- O'Neill CEO Toby Bost on lessons learned from "Undercover Boss."
- ESPN's NASCAR pit reporter Jamie Little is a new mother.