Philips Arena Renovation Could Start Soon "TMNT" Returning As Chicagoland Race Sponsor Goodell: NFL "Studying" Marijuana Use Joshua-Klitschko To Draw Record Crowd NFL Draft Overnight Best Since '14 Sources: Pacers' Bird Stepping Down Raiders Hosting Draft Party In Las Vegas SBJ In-Depth: Facilities - Concessions Jack Link's Gets Creative With Draft Exposure Sharapova's Return Injects Needed Star Power
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
The Daily's Hot Reads For Monday: Catch The Next Buss
Published March 4, 2013
SPORTS ON EARTH's Shaun Powell writes, "The Lakers are now officially and firmly in the hands of an owner whose last name is either NBA royalty or a mode of transportation some Laker fans would like him to ride out of town, pronto. Jim Buss gets that kind of reaction" (SPORTS ON EARTH).
Under the header, "Tropicana Field The Next Big Urban Mixed Use Development?," the TAMPA BAY TIMES' Stephen Nohlgren writes St. Petersburg 30 years ago "took a leap of civic faith when it leveled a low-income neighborhood to attract a baseball team. Now Tropicana Field's 85 asphalt acres offer another chance for neighborhood rehabilitation" (TAMPA BAY TIMES).
The N.Y. TIMES' Brian Stelter writes, "Imagine being the HBO executive who hears this one from one of the channel's producing partners: 'We think there's an opportunity for us to get into North Korea.' The executive was Michael Lombardo, and the partner was Vice Media, the Brooklyn media company with something of a daredevil streak" (N.Y. TIMES).
- USA Football undertakes effort to improve safety at youth level.
- Nationals holding tryouts for racing presidents mascots.
- One writer has seen enough of the Danica Patrick hype machine.
- GEO Group's George Zoley surprised by uproar over FAU deal.
- SI writers conduct mock draft of college hoops broadcasters.
- Cavaliers Owner Dan Gilbert leads remake of downtown Detroit.
- Media criticizes NFL Scouting Combine, but viewers tune in.