MLS Launching Fan Initiative Trump: Michael Whan Apologized NFLPA Filing Injunction For Brady Bettman Being Deposed In Concussion Suit NBCU To Invest In BuzzFeed, Vox Beijing Lands '22 Games Ticketmaster Suit Delayed Until October MLB Plans ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Effort Relativity Media Files For Chapter 11 IOC's Bach Talks Ethics In Keynote
The Daily's Hot Reads For Wednesday: Over The Water
Published February 27, 2013
The SALT LAKE TRIBUNE's Scott Pierce writes, "It's entirely possible that the most buzz The Golf Channel has ever gotten surrounds the appearance of Michael Phelps on 'The Haney Project.' Part of that is because the folks at NBC Sports are making a push" (SALT LAKE TRIBUNE).
YAHOO SPORTS' Michael Silver writes of Patriots QB Tom Brady accepting a below-market-value contract extension: "How aggressively the Pats parlay the cap savings into retaining and acquiring premium players will determine whether Brady's gesture was a smart one. … It did not come without psychic cost relative to his reputation within the NFL community" (SPORTS.YAHOO.com).
The ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH's Joe Strauss writes, "The Marlins' and Cardinals' offices in Jupiter are little more than 100 yards apart. Figuratively, they are at different poles. The Cardinals market to The Best Fans in Baseball. [Marlins Owner Jeffrey Loria] speaks condescendingly to a fan base" (ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH).
- Dodgers' big spending reinvigorates rivalry with Giants.
- What the new Big East TV deal means for Univ. of Memphis.
- As NASCAR improves safety, risk-taking appears to increase.
- Chargers have been looking for a new stadium for 11 years.
- Forbes.com Publisher Rich Karlgaard on why we love sports.
- Buzz still lingers around Ronda Rousey's inaugural UFC's win.
- Latest MLB CBA hurts some players' ability to land a contract.
- Roger Goodell has chance to address league's homophobia.
- Father/son duo visits all 32 NFL stadiums with military veterans.
- Dr. James Andrews discusses recent spike in youth sports injuries.