USOC, Boston End '24 Games Bid Sabres Part Ways With Ted Black WME-IMG Signs Tennis Player Jack Sock Iger "Bullish" On ESPN's Future Coplin Hired To Launch Russian Channel Final Round Canadian Open Ratings Up On CBS Boston Mayor: Olympics Bid Could Be Dropped Classified Advertisements Tod Leiweke To Become NFL COO Coyotes, Suns Discussed Sharing New Arena
The Daily's Hot Reads For Wednesday: Getting Off The Mat
Published February 13, 2013
In a special to USA TODAY, Int'l Wrestling HOFer Dan Gable writes of the IOC removing the sport from the '20 Games: "No single person, entity or group can do what is needed to move forward. … We, as a wrestling community, better remember it is more than one individual that makes a winner" (USA TODAY).
The AP's Doug Ferguson writes of the Vijay Singh PED controversy: "This is one time the PGA Tour needs to avoid the perception of slow play. … In what is shaping up as a bright year in golf, this is becoming a dark cloud" (AP). ESPN.com's Bob Harig writes under the header, "Singh's Situation Remains Up In The Air" (ESPN.com).
The WALL STREET JOURNAL's Loretta Chao writes of Brazilian soccer club Corinthians: "In a few short years, the team has gone from rags to riches, a symbol of the growing clout of Brazil's long-neglected lower to middle classes, the millions of Brazilians who are reshaping the country with newfound purchasing power" (WALL STREET JOURNAL).
- MLB's latest CBA has forced clubs to improve on-field product.
- Writer offers nine proposals for making the NFL a better league.
- Many Seattle sports fans wondering, "Who is Chris Hansen?"
- In tennis, path to pro tours rarely includes playing in college.
- Ravens Owner Steve Bisciotti learned to trust his front office.
- Is Jerry Jones more interested in marketing, money than winning?
- Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt Jr. talk greatness at TV ad shoot.