Dolan Discusses Isiah Thomas Hiring Wells Report Somewhat Implicates Brady Lucas Oil To Host Neutral-Site Game NYC FC To Open 300 Level At Yankee Stadium ScoreBig Signs Deal With SI.com Minneapolis Bids For '20 CFP Championship Game Big 12 Won't Add Football Title Game NFL Panthers Adding Another Private Club Dolan Hires Isiah Thomas To Oversee Liberty Tim Finchem Discusses Myriad Topics
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Wednesday: Getting Off The Mat
Published February 13, 2013
In a special to USA TODAY, Int'l Wrestling HOFer Dan Gable writes of the IOC removing the sport from the '20 Games: "No single person, entity or group can do what is needed to move forward. … We, as a wrestling community, better remember it is more than one individual that makes a winner" (USA TODAY).
The AP's Doug Ferguson writes of the Vijay Singh PED controversy: "This is one time the PGA Tour needs to avoid the perception of slow play. … In what is shaping up as a bright year in golf, this is becoming a dark cloud" (AP). ESPN.com's Bob Harig writes under the header, "Singh's Situation Remains Up In The Air" (ESPN.com).
The WALL STREET JOURNAL's Loretta Chao writes of Brazilian soccer club Corinthians: "In a few short years, the team has gone from rags to riches, a symbol of the growing clout of Brazil's long-neglected lower to middle classes, the millions of Brazilians who are reshaping the country with newfound purchasing power" (WALL STREET JOURNAL).
- MLB's latest CBA has forced clubs to improve on-field product.
- Writer offers nine proposals for making the NFL a better league.
- Many Seattle sports fans wondering, "Who is Chris Hansen?"
- In tennis, path to pro tours rarely includes playing in college.
- Ravens Owner Steve Bisciotti learned to trust his front office.
- Is Jerry Jones more interested in marketing, money than winning?
- Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt Jr. talk greatness at TV ad shoot.