Kentucky-Arkansas Hoops Set For CBS MLS Set For Three Days Of CBA Talks NFL Hires Chief Republican Lobbyist Hisense To Invest More In NASCAR Earthquakes To Debut New Stadium MLBAM Launches MLB At Bat Update Classified Advertisements Ovechkin Signs With Fanatics Authentic Weekend Plans With NBC's Jim Bell Fresno State Gets Fresh Start With Bartko
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Friday: Great And Powerful Ozzie
Published February 1, 2013
The New Orleans TIMES-PICAYUNE's Terrance Harris writes it is "not just New Orleanians who have an issue" with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. According to a USA Today survey, 61% of NFL players are "dissatisfied with the job he is doing. But Goodell's 32 bosses, the team owners, appear to be happy with his performance" (New Orleans TIMES-PICAYUNE).
The VENTURA COUNTY STAR 's Jim Carlisle writes, "The Super Bowl is on CBS on Sunday and isn't leaving free TV any time soon. But more and more, we are paying to watch sports. However, instead of big-time national sports events, it's local sports teams" (VENTURA COUNTY STAR).
SPORTS ON EARTH's Will Leitch writes ESPN's Buzzer Beater college hoops channel "made me wish I'd just sat down and watched one game after all. NFL RedZone makes you feel like you're not missing a thing; Buzzer Beater makes you feel like you're missing everything" (SPORTSONEARTH.com).
On The Super Bowl And The NFL Season:
- NFL Films set for first Super Bowl since death of Steve Sabol.
- Brain health in focus as debate over player safety intensifies.
- Super Bowl at center of rift over New Orleans' cultural identity.
- Will 49ers have technology advantage with Silicon Valley ties?
- Writer feels NFL needs to get more serious about drug testing.
- Verizon Super Bowl Boulevard takes ancillary events up a level.
- Cold weather site could make game an even greater financial boon.
- Sports talk radio debate: Super Bowl versus MLB Spring Training.
- DeBartolo, Jed York come full circle with 49ers back in big game.
- Dance troupe Up With People were once a halftime mainstay.
- Writer lists 15 irritating things about NFL media this season.
- Outside football, Ravens' Anquan Boldin looks to help Ethiopians.
- Scott Fujita discusses Bountygate exoneration, ALS awareness.
- 49ers CEO Jed York discusses team's rapid turnaround, other topics.