Sunoco Debuts "Essence Of Racing" Campaign Executive Transactions Isiah Thomas Expected Backlash Over Hiring FanDuel Brings On Most Of Zynga Sports Team Georgia Approves Increased Athletic Budget Kentucky Adding Ribbon Boards At Rupp IndyCar Ponders How To Attract Fans Long Term Jeff Gordon Hired As Full-Time Analyst For Fox Danica's Sponsorship Status To Be Telling For NASCAR Classified Advertisements
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Friday: Pricing System
Published January 25, 2013
ESPNW's Jane McManus writes of recent sports-related Twitter hoaxes: "Snake oil salesmen no longer go door to door, but phishing and spam keep the hucksters from going out of business. It's as true now as it was in Ancient Rome: Caveat emptor, or let the buyer beware" (ESPNW.com).
In a call for radical NCAA reform, SI.com's Andy Staples writes, "Every time a major conference signs a new television rights deal, the dollar figures grow, yet the people in charge cling to rules written for a time when revenue was scarce and costs had to be carefully controlled" (SI.com).
The WINNIPEG FREE PRESS' Dan Lett writes the Jets' ownership group "has shown fierce dedication to long-term financial stability. One should never say hockey will never again leave Winnipeg. But it appears True North is shored up against most of the likely threats to its viability" (WINNIPEG FREE PRESS).
- Australian Open presents viewing problems for U.S. tennis fans.
- How the NBA has changed in years since Seattle has had a team.
- 5-Hour Energy's aggressive NASCAR spending makes sense.
- How $91M Marlins ballpark loan will cost Miami-Dade $1.2B.
- ESPN gears up for week of Super Bowl-related telecasts.
- San Diego State examining ways to fund marquee hoops program.
- CAA's Tom Condon may succeed in remaking Manti Te'o's image.
- Sony's Ramone Russell discusses "MLB 13: The Show" video game.
- Profile of new MLS Real Salt Lake Owner Dell Loy Hansen.